Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2018
Time: 6:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
Where: Orange Grove High School Cafetorium
"The daily mission of the Orange Grove Junior High School is to help every 'Bulldog' grow into a productive citizen in today's and tomorrow's ever-changing, demanding, and technological society."
Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2018
In order to better communicate with parents, Orange Grove ISD is pleased to announce the launch of our Blackboard MyConnect site! This site will enable you to manage your contact information and give you the option of installing the Blackboard MyConnect app for Android and iOS to receive push notifications for the messages that are important to you.
You can access our new MyConnect site by typing the following URL into the web browser on your device https://ogisd.bbcportal.com/ – or visiting www.ogisd.net and click on MyConnect under News & Announcements.
Once the page is open, click the Sign Me Up! link to setup your account. Please note that in order to create an account you will need:
An active email address.
Your student’s Student ID# (6 digit ID located on Student Report Card)
The phone number or email address that we have on file for your student.
Once you have logged in, you can add any additional students you have attending OGISD by clicking your name in the upper right corner and selecting Contact Information.
We are very excited about our site launch and invite you to visit our new site and take control over your notification preferences.
Today, February 27, 2018, at 3:00 p.m. the Junior High School had a fire drill. Everyone did very well following protocol. Thank you for your cooperation.
Grade level assemblies were held today in the Junior High School Cafeteria by the principal and guest speakers, which included our Orange Grove Chief of Police, our School Resource Office, and the local Constable. These assemblies were intended to educate our students on procedures that are in place, pros and cons of social media, and threats.
The topics that were discussed were:
- All Threats have been and will continue to be taken seriously.
- No one in the school district and the community finds a threats as being funny.
- Immediate action has been and will continue to be taken when an individual makes a threat.
- Social media is used for distribution of information. However, when used incorrectly can cause panic and fear. Also, how law enforcement can retrieve information that is considered "deleted."
- We will continue to conduct Fire and Lockdown Drills and teachers have instructed students on drill procedures.
-The School Resource Officer is on each campus everyday and will arrive to a certain campus when needed.
- Guests will be greeted at the door and must report to the office, sign in and wear a campus issued visitors pass.
- Students play a role in school safety. Students need to be observant and let an adult know if they see or hear something that would make them feel uncomfortable, nervous or frightened.
- There is a difference between reporting and tattling. Students can provide important information that may prevent harm after directly or anonymously by informing a trusted adult what they know or hear.
- Stay away from guns, other weapons or drugs and do not bring those items to school.
All entry doors will remain locked for an extended period of time. Thank you for your cooperation.